Forums Main Forums General Topics 2021 – Capital Assistance

Viewing 3 reply threads
Back to Main Forum
  • Author
      tira_Greektira_Greek
      Participant

I see that its time for me to step away and start my own business. I, however, have not been successful in locating capital/grants to help fund my start-up costs. I hear so many people saying “Oh, its going to be easy for you as a woman, that is African American, to get funding.” But I need some direction and assistance. I have a location, I have a license and I have the business, ready for me to purchase. Can someone connect with me to assist in securing funding to purchase the business?

+2
      lowkey1111lowkey1111
      Participant

I am looking for capital. There is this assumption that because I am a woman and Chicanx that money is being thrown at me but I have yet to find it. Ive owned my own business now in my 3rd year and barly holding on. The numbers don’t lie. Had it not been for the stimulus in Dec and March I would not have made rent. Someone led the way.

AmeshiaAmeshia
      Participant

Following this thread!! I’ve heard that the SBA has resources available, but I’m not sure how to leverage.

HS1HS1
      Keymaster

Unfortunately it is NEVER easy to get funding, no matter your gender or ethnicity. Ultimately someone will make a decision based on the likelihood that the business will survive. There are a lot of tricks that can help, but a lot of it is just talking to a lot of funding sources.

Here is a link on the Galaxy site that lists a bunch of various sources, including grants. Please check it out: https://galaxyofstars.org/funding-sources/

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Join the Galaxy Community100% FREE – Exclusively for Minority Entrepreneurs
  • Get the tips & tricks you need to succeed
    • Marketing, sales, financing and more to grow your business.
  • Get listed in the Minority Business Directory
    • Promote your business in our exclusive directory.
  • Connect with the community
    • Talk with other entrepreneurs to help your business take off.
Always Free, Always
Click Here