Message Boards

Tap into the Wisdom of the Crowd! Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our community around the world

Home Message Boards General Topics & Help Funding for my start up Reply To: Funding for my start up

• Deleted User

Deleted User
    June 27, 2023 at 3:40 pm

Angel investor fraud?

Someone contacted me a couple of months ago through a Gmail address that he fund my information on this website (Galaxy of Stars) and would like to invest into my business as an angel investor. At first of course I was happy but then things turned suspicious, we went back and forth a couple of times, I gave him a bit more general information on the business and also told him that at this point it’s not yet profitable (more money going into it than earnings coming in), he said he is still interested investing in it. I sent him a form to fill out with his name and other contact information (phone number, address, etc.) because obviously I can’t just take money or give any financial or personal information out to a Gmail address. Naturally never got any response back.

I advice everybody please careful, people might be posing as someone and asking for information without telling you really who they are, ask for other information from them before jumping into anything!